Friday, November 23, 2012

Apple Butter Muffins

Can you believe that November is almost over? I sure can't, it's just flown by! I mean, Hallowe'en was almost a month ago! Fall is coming to a close, although the weather here clearly thinks differently...today was a gorgeous, sunny day with temperatures much more appropriate to September than November...not that I'm complaining! I think the real November weather is coming later this week...



With the frost comes the end of fall fruits too, and that includes apples. I feel like this fall I've done a lot of baking with pumpkin, but not nearly enough with apples. I was craaaaving a muffin one day, and we had so many apples in the house that I just thought apple muffins would be perfect. And boy, was I right!




These apple butter muffins will make the most of those delicious, crisp apples that you still have hanging around, and the apple butter center is such a tasty surprise. They make the perfect snack!





Apple Butter Muffins


Adapted from Canadian Living
Makes 12 muffins

  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. cloves (scant)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 cup finely diced apple
  • 1/2 cup apple butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine canola oil, sugar, egg and applesauce.

Add flour, spices, salt and baking powder, mixing until fully incorporated. Gently fold in diced apple.

Divide half  of the batter between 12 muffin cups. Divide apple butter between muffins, then top with remaining batter. 

Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily