Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic Fruit Pizza

If you're anything like me, you've been watching a lot of the Olympics. They always get me so excited, and I look forward to them from the time the Winter Games end to the time the Summer Games begin, and vice versa. So far, I've been really enjoying watching the swimming, diving and gymnastics. In gymnastics, I especially like watching Gabby Douglas because, let's face it, we're practically twins. She's 16, I'm 16. She's 4'11'', I'm 4'11''. She's an amazing gymnast, I'm an amazing gymnast. Okay, maybe the last one isn't true. But still!


I decided to make this dessert to get even more into the Summer Olympic spirit. There are so many delicious fresh berries around this time of year, and I decided to make the most of them. Plus, I got to use five different colours of fruit! I used blueberries, peaches, blackberries, kiwi and strawberries, but you could use other fruit of the same colour too - I almost used raspberries, but the strawberries were just so yummy!


I love fruit, especially the wide variety we get in the summer, and this dessert was a great way to have some of everything that's fresh at the market right now!

Olympic Fruit Pizza
Adapted from here and here

  • 1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 small egg, or 1/2 of a large one
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 (13 oz.) jar of marshmallow creme
  • 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
  • blueberries, peaches, blackberries, kiwi and strawberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.

In a large bowl, beat butter and white sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into butter mixture, and stir until combined.

Press cookie dough into a greased 9 x 13 in. pan. Make sure it is evenly distributed throughout the entire pan so it cooks evenly. Bake in oven about 12-15 minutes, or until edges are just golden.

To make frosting, simply beat together cream cheese and marshmallow creme. Once cookie base is completely cool, frost and then add fruit as shown in the picture.

Enjoy this dessert while watching the Olympics.

1 comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily