Friday, August 24, 2012

M&M Cookies

Remember when, in this post, I talked about how kids can never resist sprinkles? Like, on anything? Well, the same goes for M&Ms. It must be all the colours, because an M&M cookie somehow seems infinitely better than a chocolate chip cookie.


My sister told me that she had to bring food a party at her day camp this week, so I decided that I would make her some cookies, seeing as I wasn't doing anything anyways. After thinking about a few different possibilities, I decided to make M&M cookies, because I knew they would be a hit.


And they were! I may have stolen a few before she took them to camp, and they sure were delicious! The dough was vanilla-y (I like to make up words) and the M&Ms added a nice crunch. This is a great recipe that kids (and everyone else) will love.

M&M Cookies
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Makes 36 cookies

  • 2 cups + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup M&Ms
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until all ingredients are fully combined. 

Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir until dough forms. Add M&Ms, folding in until fully incorporated (it is a thick dough, so just keep working them in, even though it's a bit tough). 

Roll the dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.

Enjoy!


Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily