Monday, July 16, 2012

Fruit & Nut Granola

I really like granola. I like it in both cereal AND bar form. Yum. I especially like this granola. It's got really summer-y flavours because it has dried cherries and blueberries in it, as well as pecans, walnuts and almonds. It's the perfect summer breakfast for people who like oatmeal in the winter, but want something cold in the summer.




When I adapted this from the original recipe, it made so much. As in, I didn't have a bowl big enough to mix it in. My neighbours now also have a lot of granola.




Well, now this granola is sitting in a big tupperware in my cupboard and tempting me every time I walk in the kitchen. Also, I'm pretty sure my dad has had upwards of three bowls today. Not even joking.



Fruit & Nut Granola
Adapted from allrecipes
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 Tbsp. hot water
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (I used dried cherries, blueberries and cranberries)
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a medium bowl, combine oil, hot water and honey. Whisk until combined.

In a separate large bowl, mix the oats, nuts and sunflower seeds. Pour the honey mixture over top. Mix until all of the mixture is fully coated.

Spread the granola over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for ten minutes, then stir, and bake for another ten minutes, until granola is golden.

Add dried fruit, then let granola cool completely (granola will harden more as it cools), the store in airtight containers.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily